Compact wireless speaker . Deep, crystal clear HiFi sound.
PLAY:1’s custom-designed 3.5” mid-woofer and tweeter, each with a dedicated amplifier, deliver rich, powerful sound, with crystal clear highs and deep, rolling lows for pitch-perfect HiFi music.
Hardware and software custom-designed by Sonos to produce rich, powerful sound, HiFi sound that’s crystal clear at any volume.
Two Class-D digital amplifiers perfectly tuned to match the speakers and acoustic architecture.
One mid-woofer ensures the faithful reproduction of mid-range frequencies crucial for accurate playback of vocals and instruments, as well as delivery of deep, rich bass.
Turn two PLAY:1s into separate left and right channel speakers to create wider, bigger, and deeper sound.
5.1 Home theater
Add two PLAY:1 speakers to PLAYBAR and SUB for a true surround sound experience.
• Sonos-designed : Hardware and software custom-designed by Sonos to produce rich, powerful sound, HiFi sound that’s crystal clear at any volume
• Amplifier : Two Class-D digital amplifiers perfectly tuned to match the speakers and acoustic architecture
• Tweeter : One tweeter creates a crisp and accurate high frequency response
• Mid-woofer : One 3.5 in/9 cm mid-woofer ensures the faithful reproduction of mid-range frequencies crucial for accurate playback of vocals and instruments, as well as delivery of deep, rich bass
• Stereo Pair : Turn two PLAY:1s into separate left and right channel speakers to create wider, bigger, and deeper sound
• 5.1 Home theater : Add two PLAY:1 speakers to PLAYBAR and SUB for a true surround sound experience
• Audio formats supported : Support for compressed MP3, iTunes Plus, WMA (including purchased Windows Media downloads), AAC (MPEG4), AAC+, Ogg Vorbis, Audible (format 4), Apple Lossless, Flac (lossless) music files, as well as uncompressed WAV and AIFF files. Native support for 44.1kHz sample rates. Additional support for 48kHz, 32kHz, 24kHz, 22kHz, 16kHz, 11kHz, and 8kHz sample rates.
• Music services supported : Sonos works seamlessly with Amazon Music, Deezer, iHeartRadio, JB Hi-Fi NOW, JUKE, Last.fm, MOG, Pandora®, Rdio®, Rhapsody®, SiriusXM™ Internet Radio, Slacker® Radio, Songl, Songza, Spotify®, Stitcher SmartRadio™, TuneIn, Wolfgang’s Vault®, WiMP, and downloads from any service offering DRM-free tracks. (Service availability varies by region.)
• Operating systems (for stored files) : Windows® XP SP3 and higher; Mac running OS X 10.6.8 or greater; NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices supporting CIFS
• Internet radio supported : Streaming MP3, WMA
• Album art supported : JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF
• Playlists supported : iTunes®, Rhapsody, WinAmp®, Windows Media Player®, and MusicMatch™ (.m3u, .pls, .wpl)
• Playback modes : Crossfade, shuffle, repeat
• Wireless connectivity : Works on your home WiFi network with any 802.11b/g, 2.4GHz broadcast capable router. Also works on SonosNet, a secure AES encrypted, peer-to-peer wireless mesh network dedicated exclusively for your Sonos system to reduce WiFi interference
• SonosNet Extender : Functions to extend and enhance the power of SonosNet 2.0.
• Ethernet Port : One 10/100Mbps Ethernet port
• Power Supply : AC 120/240V, 50-60Hz, auto-switchable
Top-panel buttons : Volume and Play/Pause. Press Play/Pause button once to start or stop the music and twice to skip to the next track.
• Top-panel lights : Indicates PLAY:1 status
• Dimensions (H x W x D) : 6.36 x 4.69 x 4.69 (in) / 161.45 X 119.7 x 119.7 (mm)
• Threaded mount : 1/4 inch (6.75mm) / 20-thread
• Weight : 4.08 lb (1.85 kg)
• Operating temperature : 32°F to 104°F (0°C to 40°C)
• Storage temperature : 4°F to 158°F (-20°C to 70°C)
• Humidity resistant : Designed to withstand high-humidity, such as in a bathroom with a running shower. (The PLAY:1 is not waterproof or water resistant.)
• Product finish : White with light metallic grille; black with graphite grille
• Multi-language support : Sonos System Software supports : Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish and Brazilian Portuguese.
• Package contents : SONOS PLAY:1, power cord, flat Ethernet cable, Sonos QuickStart Guide, and Legal/Warranty information
• Total package weight : 5.36 lb / 2.43 kg (including cables and print materials)
* Internet connection required for access to Internet radio stations, online music services and software updates (DSL, cable modem or LAN-based high-speed Internet connection required.) Internet functionality may require payment of separate fee to a service provider; local and/or long distance telephone charges may apply.
Note: All specifications subject to change without notice.