• Three custom-designed drivers (two mid-range and one tweeter), each with a dedicated amplifier.
• Position vertically or horizontally—software automatically adjusts the sound to ensure best performance.
• Works seamlessly with the complete range of Sonos products.
New to Sonos?
It takes just a few steps to get your Sonos system up and running—simply follow the setup instructions packaged with your PLAY:3. Once you’ve got it set up, you can add additional Sonos products any time.
Adding to an existing Sonos system?
Sonos can be easily expanded room by room. If you are adding a PLAY:3 to an existing Sonos system, you can turn directly to “Adding to an Existing Sonos System”.
• Operating systems (for stored files) : Windows® XP SP3 and higher; Mac running OS X 10.6.8 or greater; NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices supporting CIFS
• Music services supported : Sonos works seamlessly with Amazon Music, Deezer, iHeartRadio, JB Hi-Fi NOW, JUKE, Last.fm, MOG, Pandora®, Rdio®, Rhapsody®, SiriusXM™ Internet Radio, Slacker® Radio, Songl, Songza, Spotify®, Stitcher SmartRadio™, TuneIn, Wolfgang’s Vault®, WiMP, and downloads from any service offering DRM-free tracks. (Service availability varies by region.)
• Internet radio supported : Streaming MP3, WMA
• Audio formats supported : Support for compressed MP3, iTunes Plus, WMA (including purchased Windows Media downloads), AAC (MPEG4), AAC+, Ogg Vorbis, Audible (format 4), Apple Lossless, Flac (lossless) music files, as well as uncompressed WAV and AIFF files. Native support for 44.1kHz sample rates. Additional support for 48kHz, 32kHz, 24kHz, 22kHz, 16kHz, 11kHz, and 8kHz sample rates.
• Album art supported : JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF
• Playback modes : Crossfade, shuffle, repeat
• Playlists supported : iTunes®, Rhapsody, WinAmp®, Windows Media Player®, and MusicMatch™ (.m3u, .pls, .wpl)
• Ethernet Port : A single Ethernet port that can connect the PLAY:3 to a wired home network or allow an Ethernet device to connect through Sonosnet
• Wireless connectivity : Works on your home WiFi network with any 802.11b/g, 2.4GHz broadcast capable router. Also works on SonosNet, a secure AES encrypted, peer-to-peer wireless mesh network dedicated exclusively for your Sonos system to reduce WiFi interference
• Storage temperature : 4°F to 158°F (-20°C to 70°C)
• Power Supply : AC 120/240V, 50-60Hz, auto-switchable
• Package contents : SONOS PLAY:3, power cord, flat ethernet cable, Quickstart Guide
• Weight : 5.71 lb (2.6 kg)
• Top-panel lights : Indicate Sonos component status and Mute status
• Top-panel buttons : Volume and Mute
• Dimensions (H x W x D) : 5.2 x 10.6 x 6.3 in. (132 x 268 x 160 mm)
• Product finish : White with light metallic grille; black with graphite grille
• Mount : Standard 1/4″ /20 threaded mounting socket
• Multi-language support : Sonos System Software supports : Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish and Brazilian Portuguese.
• Operating temperature : 32°F to 104°F (0°C to 40°C)
* Internet connection required for access to Internet radio stations, online music services and software updates (DSL, cable modem or LAN-based high-speed Internet connection required.) Internet functionality may require payment of separate fee to a service provider; local and/or long distance telephone charges may apply.
Note: All specifications subject to change without notice.